Saturday, September 25, 2010

Who are you?

Hello all, it's currently 1 in the morning on a Saturday night. So here we go!


Let me ask you a question.  Have you ever thought about who you really are? I mean, seriously thought about who you are. If you have, then great! If not, you really should, and don't be surprised if your world is rocked.


After a pretty rough year last year, I was in a a vulnerable place entering this summer. I realized that I had absolutely no idea who the heck I was. I had tried so hard to find myself in other people that I had all but forgotten about myself. I had no idea what I wanted from out of myself or a relationship, I had no idea what I stood for, and I had no idea where I was headed in life. So I just had to ask myself one question.

Just who the heck am I?

Slowly throughout the summer, I began to rediscover everything about myself. I realized that a lot of things I thought I was for the last few years wasn't me at all. I wasn't some moping sad sack always complaining about his girl problems. I wasn't some loser that everyone felt sorry for. I realized that I was a heck of a lot cooler than I gave myself credit for.

These were just a few things I realized. I won't bore you to death with the rest of them. But by the end of the summer, I had a pretty good sense of who I was. I knew who Ryan Hoyt was. Not who I was in someone else, just me. And I can say it's changed me for the better. I am much happier lately than i've been in a long time. By finding out who I really was, I believe I can move into the future better.

And you know what else I realized? God made me to be pretty darn awsome. For so long I've been crippled by low self-esteem, but that changed too. By finding myself, I realized that i'm actually prety cool. Not to sound like an arrogant D-bag or anything, but God made me great. And to Him I give all the glory.

So go and ask yourself, who am I? You might be surprised by what you find. And if you don't like it, you have the power to change it. You'll be shocked at what a little self examination can do for you.

Seriously, try it sometime, you won't regret it!


I hope somewhere in this schpeel I made sense. Again, it's late at night, but I just wanted to say that.

I might not update the blog this week, I've got a crap ton of homework and testes to take care of, but i'll try.

Anywhoo, I need to go to bed. I have to get up at 7:30 to go to a funeral breakfast with my dad. Oh, and let me know what you think of this little blog thing, I always appreciate feedback!

TTFN, Ta Ta For Now.

3 comments:

  1. ONE WORD: BOOOM-SHackalaka! Awesome post buddy!
    -Jack Bauer OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, whoops! I meant tests, but this is much funnier. This is what happens when you write until 1:30 in the morning!

    ReplyDelete