Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Ghost of Midnight

Here is a poem I wrote about 6 months ago. I was just re reading it, and thought I would post it again. Let me know what you think, as alot of this poem can be left up to interpretation.


It’s just another late night,
as I walk through the streets
of a sprawling metropolis.

But then, something catches my eye,
it seemed like an apparition,
perhaps a ghost?
But I know what I saw,
it has to be real!
I will chase it, no matter the cost!

So I ran after it at full speed.
I have to see it, I just have to!
I searched all over the town,
but I have found nothing.
Perhaps my eyes deceived me,
maybe I should stop this pursuit.?

But suddenly, I was blinded
by a radiant white light.
That had to be it,
I knew it was real!
So I ran off again,
stopping for nothing.

Yet, I still cannot find it.
It is as if this ghost
was just out of my reach
Alas, I grow tired of this.
Perhaps my brain deceived me?
I know I cannot keep this up.

But then, a lamp flickered,
this had to be the ghost’s doing.
Perhaps this light had represented
my hope of finding this ghost?
I continued my pursuit,
even as I grew weary.

I ran after the captivating ghost,
more swiftly than ever before
This ghost had to be true,
this time, it would be mine!
I believe that something like this,
just has to be real,
Or does it?
Maybe this ghost is just
a figment of my imagination,
born of inner feelings.
Perhaps it has been my heart
that has deceived me all along?

I cannot continue this.
My heart and my soul
cannot withstand this any more.
I must stop now,
rest is very needed.
My whole being is exhausted.

It seems like in this time
I’ve spent chasing this ghost,
three years has past.
I have spent so much time
chasing down this ever elusive
Ghost of Midnight.

I know I will never find this ghost
Because deep down, I know the truth:
There was never any ghost at all.

1 comment:

  1. wow! deep in a subtle way! i like it!
    -Jack Bauer

    ReplyDelete